| 9:1 | 約伯回答說、 | Then Job answered and said, |
| 9:2 | 我真知道是這樣.但人在 神面前怎能成為義呢。 | I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God? |
| 9:3 | 若願意與他爭辯、千中之一也不能回答。 | If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand. |
| 9:4 | 他心裏有智慧、且大有能力.誰向 神剛硬而得亨通呢。 | He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered? |
| 9:5 | 他發怒、把山翻倒挪移、山並不知覺. | Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger. |
| 9:6 | 他使地震動、離其本位、地的柱子就搖撼。 | Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble. |
| 9:7 | 他吩咐日頭不出來、就不出來、又封閉眾星。 | Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars. |
| 9:8 | 他獨自鋪張蒼天、步行在海浪之上。 | Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea. |
| 9:9 | 他造北斗、參星、昴星、並南方的密宮。 | Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south. |
| 9:10 | 他行大事不可測度、行奇事不可勝數。 | Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number. |
| 9:11 | 他從我旁邊經過、我卻不看見.他在我面前行走、我倒不知覺。 | Lo, he goeth by me, and I see him not: he passeth on also, but I perceive him not. |
| 9:12 | 他奪取、誰能阻擋、誰敢問他、你作甚麼。 | Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou? |
| 9:13 | 神必不收回他的怒氣.扶助拉哈伯的、屈身在他以下。 | If God will not withdraw his anger, the proud helpers do stoop under him. |
| 9:14 | 既是這樣、我怎敢回答他、怎敢選擇言語與他辯論呢。 | How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him? |
| 9:15 | 我雖有義、也不回答他.只要向那審判我的懇求。 | Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer, but I would make supplication to my judge. |
| 9:16 | 我若呼籲、他應允我、我仍不信他真聽我的聲音。 | If I had called, and he had answered me; yet would I not believe that he had hearkened unto my voice. |
| 9:17 | 他用暴風折斷我、無故的加增我的損傷。 | For he breaketh me with a tempest, and multiplieth my wounds without cause. |
| 9:18 | 我就是喘一口氣、他都不容、倒使我滿心苦惱。 | He will not suffer me to take my breath, but filleth me with bitterness. |
| 9:19 | 若論力量、他真有能力.若論審判、他說誰能將我傳來呢。 | If I speak of strength, lo, he is strong: and if of judgment, who shall set me a time to plead? |
| 9:20 | 我雖有義、自己的口要定我為有罪.我雖完全、我口必顯我為彎曲。 | If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse. |
| 9:21 | 我本完全.不顧自己.我厭惡我的性命。 | Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life. |
| 9:22 | 善惡無分、都是一樣.所以我說、完全人、和惡人、他都滅絕。 | This is one thing, therefore I said it, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked. |
| 9:23 | 若忽然遭殺害之禍、他必戲笑無辜的人遇難。 | If the scourge slay suddenly, he will laugh at the trial of the innocent. |
| 9:24 | 世界交在惡人手中.蒙蔽世界審判官的臉.若不是他、是誰呢。 | The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where, and who is he? |
| 9:25 | 我的日子比跑信的更快、急速過去、不見福樂。 | Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away, they see no good. |
| 9:26 | 我的日子過去如快船、如急落抓食的鷹。 | They are passed away as the swift ships: as the eagle that hasteth to the prey. |
| 9:27 | 我若說、我要忘記我的哀情、除去我的愁容、心中暢快. | If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my heaviness, and comfort myself: |
| 9:28 | 我因愁苦而懼怕、知道你必不以我為無辜。 | I am afraid of all my sorrows, I know that thou wilt not hold me innocent. |
| 9:29 | 我必被你定為有罪.我何必徒然勞苦呢。 | If I be wicked, why then labour I in vain? |
| 9:30 | 我若用雪水洗身、用鹼潔淨我的手. | If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean; |
| 9:31 | 你還要扔我在坑裏、我的衣服都憎惡我. | Yet shalt thou plunge me in the ditch, and mine own clothes shall abhor me. |
| 9:32 | 他本不像我是人、使我可以回答他、又使我們可以同聽審判。 | For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. |
| 9:33 | 我們中間沒有聽訟的人、可以向我們兩造按手。 | Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both. |
| 9:34 | 願他把杖離開我、不使驚惶威嚇我. | Let him take his rod away from me, and let not his fear terrify me: |
| 9:35 | 我就說話、也不懼怕他.現在我卻不是那樣。 | Then would I speak, and not fear him; but it is not so with me. |